Tunnel infrastructures and access to the Américo Vespucio Oriente concession
Im3 executes the construction plan for the tunnel infrastructures and access to the Américo Vespucio Oriente (AVO) concession
The total length of the tunnels was 13 km with a double tube of three lanes in each direction.
The infrastructures included were:
- Medium-voltage centres for inter-connection with CHILECTRA.
- Interior underground transformer centres with their associated power transformers.
- Client’s medium-voltage network for inter-connection with transformer centres.
- Emergency backup power supplies for critical services associated with each transformer centre, with generators and UPS.
- Low-voltage technical rooms associated with each transformer centre, for installing switchboards, distribution boards, UPS, generators and associated ancillary items. Definition of surface areas, volumes, overburdens to consider on roofs, etc.
- Electrical switchboards and distribution to receivers and low-voltage receivers (660/380/220V).
- Low-voltage power supply boards for safety, security and control services.
- Electrical cabling from technical rooms to receivers, with underground duct banks, boxes, overhead pipes, electrical cable trays and junction boxes.
- Low-voltage power cables to supply 660 V (or the voltage required) fan systems.
- Low-voltage power cables to supply other ancillary equipment at 380/220V.
- Medium and low-voltage earth system.
- Ancillary lighting, power and ventilation services in transformer centres and technical rooms with boards and equipment.